Thank you for your interest in using our telehealth services. Please call your doctor’s office to request and schedule your telehealth appointment. Once your telehealth appointment has been scheduled, please review the below information regarding requirements for participating in the telehealth visit as well as useful instructions. If you have difficulty or need assistance, please call support at 888-666-2352, extension 665.
Telehealth visits may be used for:
- Cough or Cold
- Chronic Conditions for an Established Patient
- Depression and /or Anxiety
- Imaging/Lab Follow-up
- Medication Refills/Medication Management
- Covid-19 Concerns
Telehealth should not be used for:
- Anything that requires hands on exam
- Abdominal Pain
- Chest Pain/Shortness of Breath
Exciting New Features! Patients will now have their own account within our Virtual Care program. This will allow them to manage their profile as well as review details and summaries for all virtual visits.
Account setup is simple and is initiated by Encompass. You will receive an email from “Virtual Care Management” inviting you to activate your virtual care account and establish a password. Then, you may log into your account using your email address and new password. There, you will be able to upload a photo to your profile if desired and edit other details as needed. Please note, there is no need to document your medical history or problems, medications and allergies as we maintain that in your electronic health record.
Once your account has been activated, please be sure to prepare for your virtual appointment as follows:
1 TO 3 DAYS BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Set up your technology using the below guidelines for Android, iPhone or iPad or Computer.
- Call Support at 1-888-666-2352 est-665 if you need assistance
- If possible, have a back-up phone, tablet or computer in case you have technical issues.
- Find a quiet, private place to have your visit.
- If you are using a phone or tablet for your visit, figure out a location to place it so it can be steady and the doctor can see you clearly.
- Check that your camera and microphone are working properly.
- Follow the technology set up instructions below:
DAY OF YOUR VISIT
- Leave plenty of time to get ready for your visit to fix any technology issues that may come up.
- Join the visit 5 minutes before your scheduled visit time.
- Please be patient with this technology to ensure a successful visit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is a virtual visit?
A virtual visit lets you see and talk to one of our doctors online from your phone, tablet or computer.
- Can I have a virtual visit?
Virtual visits are perfect for some of our patients, but not for everyone. Your provider will decide if a virtual visit is right for you.
- How do I schedule a virtual visit?
If you currently have an appointment scheduled at an Encompass Medical Group Clinic and your physician feels a virtual visit is appropriate for you, we will contact you with more information before your appointment. If you do not yet have an appointment, contact the Encompass Medical Group Clinic that your provider is located at and your provider will decide if a virtual visit is right for you.
- What does it cost?
Virtual visits are billed to your insurance company just like a regular office visit and you may have a co-pay due.
What technology do I need?
Encompass Medical Group users Virtual Care SnapMD for video and audio during our virtual visits. You can use a smart phone, tablet, Mac, or PC with a microphone and camera. You can install the free Virtual Care SnapMD on your phone or tablet.
Note: Our platform is HIPAA-secure and there is no ability for your visit to be recorded.